I am so excited to share with you our first recipe of the week. My coworker first shared this recipe with me last year and I have been in love ever since. This is a recipe from Moosewood Restaurant Favorites and it is sure to be an excellent addition to your recipe collection.
Roasted Vegetables with a Mediterranean Dressing
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 in thick slices
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 in slices
- 2 bell peppers (different colors), steamed/seeded and cut into chucks
- 2-3 cups mushrooms, halved
- 10-15 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbs minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425*F. Lightly oil two rimmed backing sheets.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the ingredients. In a large bowl, toss the prepared vegetables with the dressing. Spread out the vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for about 15 minutes. Stir and return to oven. Check time again in about 15 minutes. When all vegetables are tender, remove from oven.