When I first came across this recipe in a magazine I was reading, I immediately said to myself I can’t imagine that being good. And then I thought about it. The sweetness of the apple, the earthiness of the beet, and then throw in the yummy goodness of goat cheese and I knew I had to try it.
Disclaimer: I use Trader Joe’s pizza crust. I imagine it would be elevated even more if you are courageous enough to make your own 🙂 I think next time I am going to try it on a cauliflower crust!
Apple, Beat, Goat Cheese Pizza
- 1 pizza crust, prepared (I use the Trader Joe’s version)
- olive oil for brushing the crust
- oregano for sprinkling the crust
- 2 apples, sliced thin
- 4 beets, oven roasted and sliced thin
- 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled or sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Prep the crust with the olive oil and oregano.
- Slice the apples, beets, and goat cheese. Align them on the pizza as desired. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in oven until apples and beets begin to brown and cheese is soft.
Let us know if you give it a try!