Confession: I can cook, but I don’t. I’ll be honest, most of the time I am grilling chicken and vegetables. But if it only requires one pot- sign me up! Here’s my recipe for simple turkey chili- I spiced it up with fire roasted tomatoes and chili powder. If you want more heat, toss in chopped jalapenos! Less heat? Regular diced tomatoes will cool it off 🙂
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1 can red kidney beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 can Cannellini beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Dash of salt (to taste)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Then add ground turkey and cook through.
- Mix in beans, tomatoes, and spices.
- Allow to cook for 10 minutes until heated. *I let mine simmer for an hour so all the flavors combined*
- Serve and enjoy!