Unless you are crazy like me and adventure to the stores on Black Friday, your holiday shopping probably isn’t finished. And with the new year right around the corner, many people are looking to start getting into shape. Think of your friends and family who have just started adding exercise to their routine- they may not have everything they need. We’ve put together a list of essentials for someone who is just starting their fitness journey- perfect to finish your holiday shopping for friends and family!
1. Yoga Mat– this is essential for group classes and great for home workouts, too! My favorite mat is the 5mm one from lululemon– you won’t slip even in hot pilates class.
2. Dumbbells– perfect for squeezing in a workout at home! Start off with a lighter pair for someone who is new to exercising.
3. Fun tank tops– look good and feel good strutting around the gym or when you’re out for a run. Try Sarah Marie Design Studio– their shirts are fun and sassy!
4. Water bottle– you have to stay hydrated! Keep the fun going and get one with a sassy saying or motivational quote. Check out Etsy for lots of personalized bottles, too.
5. Gift card to a local studio– do they want to try spinning or yoga? What’s your favorite local class to go to? Get a gift card so you can go together 🙂
6. Sparkly Soul Headbands– essential to life. I have a big head and they don’t fall off. Get one for yourself while you’re shopping 🙂
7. Subscription to a fitness/ running magazine– Shape, Self, Women’s Health, Runner’s World! There are so many out there and subscriptions are way better than paying the stand price. This will be the gift that keeps on giving
8. Stance socks– check out their performance line! Awesome socks with a little tab to protect your Achilles- I’d run a marathon in them; Pam actually did run a marathon in them
*Disclaimer* This post is not sponsored by any of the above brands.