I was was recently interviewed by active.com to find out my tips for running a successful 26.2 miles thru NYC’s most iconic neighborhoods. Check out the article here for some #tcsnycmarathontips!
1) Don’t jackrabbit in the beginning. You have 26.2 miles to cover – settle in and get over the Verrazano
2) Never look at your watch on bridges (thanks Race Pace Wellness for teaching me this!). It’s about maintaining effort levels which means it will be slower on the way up and a bit faster on the way down
3) Enjoy the crowds but don’t lose sight of your race plan. The crowds in NYC are one of a kind – it’s literally a spectator sport. However, don’t lose track of your pacing in Brooklyn or First Ave!
4) Fifth Avenue is tough as hell with a small and steady incline but SO ARE YOU! Stay focused and dig deep.
5) Wear your name on your shirt. Having people cheer your name for 26.2 miles makes you feel like the ultimate badass.