Cauliflower “rice” is a great substitute for making lower carb dishes! This healthier version of fried rice has plenty of veggies and can easily be made into a vegetarian dish, too.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets OR Trader Joe’s fresh riced cauliflower (16 oz bag)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 tsp minced garlic, divided
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup baby broccoli
- 6 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Slice chicken breast into chunks, marinate in 3 Tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp minced garlic for 20-30 minutes, in the meantime chop your vegetables
- Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse just until the cauliflower resembles rice. (Don’t overprocess or it will be mushy.) Set the cauliflower rice aside OR use Trader Joe’s pre-riced cauliflower
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat. Coat it lightly with cooking spray then add the eggs and cook until scrambled. Remove the eggs to a plate then add the chicken, until fully cooked ~8 minutes. Set chicken aside.
- Add the sesame oil and olive oil to the pan and let it heat for 1 minute. Add the diced onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice, peppers, broccoli, soy sauce, salt and pepper (to taste) to the pan and cook, stirring, until the cauliflower softens, about 5 minutes. Return the scrambled eggs and chicken to the pan then add the diced pineapple and cook, stirring, for 3 more minutes.