Meal prep magic is back at it again! Sometimes the best recipes are made up as you go along 😂 I love mixing everything together- sometimes it’s all the leftover veggies. And honestly, the less dishes I can dirty during Sunday Meal Prep, the better. Voila! This week I give you my taco fiesta creation 🌮
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minces
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional for some heat)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- taco seasoning, preferably homemade (I used Flavor God Taco Tuesday)
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey. Allow it to simmer with seasonings then set aside on a separate dish. Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to directions and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat olive oil then add in chopped onion & garlic, saute for 3 minutes. Add in all the peppers & allow them to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the blacks beans and pineapple and allow them to heat up ~ 8-10 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the cooked quinoa and mix it together.
- Add the ground turkey back to the pan, mixing together with all of the veggies.
- Serve over quinoa & garnish with fresh cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Share with us when you make our recipes! Use the hashtag #burpeesandbordeaux 💕