Maybe you know her as a face of Nike… Maybe you’ve taken one of her classes at Flywheel Sports… maybe you’ve seen her on Bravo’s Workout: New York… Ooor maybe you came and sweat it out on the sidewalk in Manhasset this morning. That’s what I got to do! 🙂
Bandier at the Americana Mall in Manhasset hosted a great event which was the perfect morning pick-me-up! Holly Rilinger instructed an outdoor bootcamp class right on the sidewalk in front of Bandier. Thankfully this rainy weather we’ve been having held off and we got our workout in.
We moved into each round of our sidewalk bootcamp with a quick demo, always keeping our heart rate up and our feet moving. Holly is such a motivating instructor! She took the time to learn all of our names and keep us pumped up because we were definitely sweating. Holly encouraged each of us to keep going, dig a little deeper, and truly challenge ourselves. After each round there were high fives all around 🙂 If you guys have never worked out with Holly, you are in for a treat! Go take one of her classes. Now!
Not going to lie, I was a few minutes late because I came straight from teaching my cycling class 😦 But this is the workout we did from where I jumped in! I hope it kicks your butt, too ❤
Holly’s Bandier Bootcamp Class
- Russian Twists (feet off the ground for an extra challenge)
- Inchworms with a pushup
- High Knees (really drive those knees up high)
- Diagonal/Curtsey Lunges (2nd time through- pulse it on one side)
- Tricep Dips
- Toe Touches (legs straight up, pull those abs in and reach up)
- Skater Hops (side to side- just like in today’s Workout Wednesday!)
Round 3: Booty & Abs
- Glute Bridges
- Touch Backs (sit up tall, feet in front, then turn and reach one arm behind you)
- Rockstars (like a back bend with one arm & working the glutes!)
- Donkey Kicks
- Bicycles (slow, then fast, and slow again!)
Round 4: Finishers! 30 sec rounds x2
- Push-Jack (pushup, jump your feet wide then back in and pushup again!)
- Squat-Jacks with a reach to the ground
- Split Jog (like scissors forward and back but in a low, athletic stance)
After we took some time to stretch our muscles and catch our breath, our fabulous friends at Bandier had snacks for us! Recovery drinks from Montauk Juice Factory and chia bars from Health Warrior. Yum!
A huge thank you to Bandier Manhasset for hosting this wonderful event. FYI they are hosting fitness and health events every day this week (check out the schedule above). We’re talking Two Worlds cycling and mat classes, SLT on megaformer, and mini nutrition sessions… hellooo!
And a big thank you to the lovely Holly Rilinger for the killer workout this morning! It was such a pleasure to meet you. I hope to take another class with you soon 🙂
Get up and get sweaty,